Friday, September 25, 2009

on my way to clean air and shopping

I wrote this in my journal and after looking it over felt it would make a better blog....

I am on my way to Dubai for fall break. I twill be nice to walk around in a place that is not as oppressive as Kabul.I am anxious to get back to teaching though, I don't think my students will remember what they've been learning. I really love this school. I've been give the freedom to do so much I feel like I'm going to be able to do a lot of actual teaching.

The father has truly blessed my life by sending me here. After fall break I get to start Dari Lessons. Dari is the afghan version of Persian. I am so excited I want to study and do well with these lessons. I know it will go a long ways to being accepted by the nationals if I spoke the language.

These people need hope so desperately. I want so badly to be able to bring that to them, to be able to help in the work that many are doing. I have already been in Kabul a month, I can't believe it. In such a short time I've grown accustomed to kidnapping threats, bombs, gunfire, and random explosions. That is life here. Among these violent acts are a people who know nothing but war, corruption, and chaos. I'm sure I'm butchering this quote, but a man told me the other day that the Taliban people have a saying that "We are only at peace when we are at war." It is such a burden of mine to be apart of the solution to this, to help these people through education. I often wonder how one teacher or one school can change a nation or an entire people group. It is such an insurmountable task. Only through the will and power of The Father can we do this. He is so amazing and capable of great things. I hope that like in the story of Esther, he uses his people in ordinary situations and circumstances to help heal this nation and bring eternal peace to it's people.

In other news, while on this plane I just made 35 bucks! It's the strangest thing. Pamir airlines apparently does a lottery on their flights. They give you a percentage of your ticket if you choose not to participate. I chose the discount, but am somewhat perplexed. I would assume that gambling would go against the laws of Islam. They are very excited by all of this though, I would if this happens every flight or if it has something to do with Ramadan. Eid will be happening soon. I will be nice to be done with the fasting at school.

Lots of Love Ya'll,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment