Thursday, July 2, 2009

In the beginning

So, People have been telling me I need a blog. After like the 12th person told me this, I conceded and here I am, blogging. It's been years since I blogged. I'm not even sure that I'll use this site or how I can let people know about this site. I do know that I will be mainly blogging about my new life as an expatriate living in Afghanistan.
I'm in Southaven MI this week for pre-field orientation. It is a requirement for all people going on the field to attend this two week training. I really didn't want to go to it, but I am so glad I did. It has been such a great expierence to meet people getting ready to travel the globe just as I am. It's also nice to be around people who know what I'm going through. The sessions are pretty boring, but the people here have been great to meet. I now have friends literally all over the world.

Now, for a few ground rules. If you want to post a response to my blog, which I highly suggest as I LOVE to hear what people who read this are thinking, there are a few things that I need you to be aware of. The first one is that there is absolutly under no circumstances NO USE OF THE M WORD!!! If you don't know what that stands for, ask someone else. The second is to remember that there is a chance that this is not a private blog, when I was in Pakistan I was told that the government does check on expats, and I have good reasons to believe that will be the case in Kabul too.

So, that's it! I know, short and sweet... I'll probably update more later.

Love ya'll

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah. We'll miss you! Look forward to hearing about your experiences overseas.

    ReplyDelete